Obtaining a student residence card

Tràmits regularització estadaIn order to legally stay in Spain, students and researchers from outside the European Union are required to complete a series of procedures.

First of all, they will need a student residence card (and a NIE), which will authorize the holder to remain in Spain for the duration of his or her study period. It will also allow the holder to travel within the European Union, to any of the countries that have signed agreements with Spain or the European Union for the free movement of people. This page provides all the necessary information about the procedure for obtaining this card.